Volunteerism is the key component to the continued success of our chapter and PCMA. There’s still time to submit your nominee application, but hurry….deadline is Friday, August 23!
The Nominating Committee is now accepting nominations and applications for officers and directors for the Capital Chapter for 2020.
Consider the benefits of becoming a chapter leader:
- Personal and professional growth
- Earn points to qualify for the CMP exam, or to re-certify
- Demonstrate your commitment to our industry and continuing education
- Mentoring (in both directions)
For more information about the nominations and elections process, please contact Nominating Committee Chair Diane Kovats, CAE, CMP, DES, at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following positions are open for 2020:
President-Elect (1-year term/3-year commitment)
Treasurer (1-year term)
Secretary (1-year term)
1 Professional (Planner) Director (2-year term)
2 Supplier Partner Directors (2-year term)
Nominations and Deadlines
Submit the 2020 Nominee Application Form and supporting documents to email@example.com by Friday, August 23.
Capital Chapter Officers and Directors Agree To:
- Remain well informed about the work of the Board and its specific goals.
- Understand the role of PCMA and the Chapter: its members, mission, and services.
- Be thoughtful and objective in all deliberations.
- Review all Board materials in advance of meetings; make every effort to attend monthly Board meetings.
- Make every effort to attend the Annual and Mid-year Leadership Retreats.
- Make every effort to attend the Annual Retreat to plan for 2020 on Friday, November 1, 2019.
- Represent the good of the profession versus any special interest, geographic or personal constituency.
- Demonstrate support for programs and activities of the chapter by attending them regularly.
New 2020 officers and directors will serve with the following people who will continue on the Board in these capacities for 2020:
2020 President – John Rubsamen, Director of Meetings, Americans for the Arts
2020 Immediate Past President – Vicki Johnson, CMP, Principal, Vicki Johnson & Associates, LLC
2019-2020 Professional (Planner) Directors:
- Sara Haywood, CMP, Assistant Vice President, Conference, National Council for Behavioral Health
- Shannon Burke, CMP, Director of Meetings and Conferences, National Association for College Admission Counseling
2019-2020 Supplier Partner Directors:
- Mary Kreins, Senior National Sales Director, Disney Destinations
We look forward to receiving your nominations and applications!