At last year’s August Capital Classroom, Meeting Vendor Contracts 101, our roundtable discussions were focused on the initial RFP. This year’s program is meant to dive into the meaning of the clauses included in various vendor contracts and how to navigate through the negotiations of these clauses. During the program, you will have the opportunity to explore negotiations of five vendor topics: Audio Visual, Food & Beverage (Convention Center and Hotels), General Services Contract, Hotel, and Wifi (Convention Center and Hotel). You will have the opportunity to interact with fellow planners and suppliers while learning the answers to your questions of how to navigate through the negotiation process.
- Understand what factors determine a vendors interest and perceived value in moving to contract
- Recognize what is and isn’t negotiable in vendor contracts and why
- Learn why various clauses are included in vendor contracts
- Learn best practices and what mistakes not to make when contracting
Speakers at this year’s Emerging Professionals round table include:
- Josie Z. Caldwell, CEM, National Sales Manager – GES
- Tisha Downes, Director of Operations – Centerplate/NBSE
- Jim Erickson, General Manager – Smart City Networks / Washington Convention & Sports Authority
- Steve French, Director of Group Sales – Washington Marrriott Wardman Park
- Bob O’Connell, National Sales Manager – GES
- Scott Robison, General Manager – The Embassy Row Hotel
- James Rut, Senior IT Project Manager – Production Resource Group
- Bryan M. Stiffler, Director of Catering – Omni Shoreham Hotel
- Greg Turner, Senior Account Executive – Production Resource Group
- Tim Zanker, President – O’Keefe Communications, LLC
The Embassy Row Hotel offers parking for $15 plus tax. The hotel is 1.5 blocks from the Dupont Circle Station on the Metro red line.
Attention Planner Members:
You may be eligible to receive a PCMA Capital Chapter-PRG Scholarship to cover your registration for this education program. You must be a PCMA Capital Chapter Planner Member and have not received any previous scholarships for 2017. Simply submit the application and if you are eligible, you will automatically be enrolled in the program and receive an electronic confirmation.
All Access Education Pass Holders:
You are automatically registered for this event by staff. Please DO NOT register again. If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute.
Registrants may cancel up to 7 business days before the event for a full refund, minus a $10 administration fee. No refunds thereafter. Cancellation must be in writing and sent to email@example.com. Substitutions are accepted. If you do substitute, please include the following information:
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
- Job Title
- Preferred/Badge Name
- Company Name
- Planner Member/Nonmember: $20.00/$40.00
- Supplier Member/Nonmember: $55.00/$75.00
- Student Member/Nonmember: $20.00/$40.00