Volunteerism is a crucial component and at the core of the continued success of the Capital Chapter and PCMA. This is your Chapter, and taking on a volunteer leadership role is an incredible opportunity to make a lasting and meaningful impact that will last for years.
PCMA Capital Chapter is now accepting applications for 2023 board and leadership positions.
Board officers and directors are expected to:
- Remain well informed about the work of the Board and its specific goals.
- Understand the role of PCMA and the Capital Chapter: its members, mission, and services.
- Be thoughtful and objective in all deliberations.
- Review all Board materials in advance of meetings; make every effort to attend monthly Board meetings.
- Make every effort to attend the Annual and Mid-year Leadership Retreats.
- Represent the good of the profession versus any special interest, geographic or personal constituency.
- Demonstrate support for programs and activities of the Chapter by attending them regularly.
President-Elect (1-year term/3-year commitment)
Treasurer (1-year term)
Secretary (1-year term)
1 Professional (Planner) Director (2-year term)
2 Supplier Partner Directors (2-year term)
Committee Chair and Co-Chair Applicants:
Selected Chairs will be expected to serve one-year in the Chair position. Selected Co-Chairs will be expected to serve two-years, one year in the Co-Chair position and one year as the Chair. The Co-Chair responsibilities include supporting the Chair of the committee and preparing to lead the committee the following year. While it is the President-Elect’s choice, with approval of the Board of Directors, who will serve as Committee Chair, the Co-Chair will be strongly considered based on their supporting role to the Chair and committee in the previous year.