- This event has passed.
REBOOT – Failing Forward
July 17 @ 12:30 pm - 7:00 pm EDT
As event professionals (and humans), failure is inevitable. We are taught to highlight our successes and downplay our failings, causing them to repeat. At PCMA Capital Chapter’s 2017 REBOOT we will embrace our failures, analyze how they can create change, and share with others! You will apply this “forward” thinking to crisis management, technology, advocacy, globalization, and more.
- Embrace the fear associated with failure and how it can get in the way of the progress
- Analyze past failures for tips and tricks to use at your meetings
- Change the way your organization feels about change
- Share your failures with others to strengthen your relationships
Learning from these experiences, we can REBOOT our thinking, making us better professionals and move our organizations forward.
- Judi Holler, DES, Speaker – HOLLA! Productions
- Mike Surick, Founder & CEO – CounterThreat Consulting
- Cara Banasch, MBA, Senior Vice President Business Development & Strategy – New Orleans Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Lancey Cowan, JD, CAE, Senior Director, Meetings/Awards & Grants – The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- Christopher Durso, Executive Editor – Convene, The Magazine of PCMA
- Charlie Jones, CAE, Senior Vice President, Global Brand Development – Futures Industry Association
- Jim Kelley, Vice President – Production Resource Group
- Karen Kotowski, Chief Executive Officer – Events Industry Council
- Joe Maloney, Partner – Locust Street Group
- Mike Moulton, Executive Vice President – Transportation Management Services
- Monika J. Nielsen, CMP, Assistant Vice President, Corporate Events – Aerospace Industries Association
- Lauren Parr, Vice President of Meetings – American Geophysical Union
- Christine Parker, Division Chief, Outreach and Inquiries – Office of Field Operations, Visa Services, U.S. Department of State
- Ellen Shortill, Director, Convention & Meetings – American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Gerald Wilson, Director, Public Safety – Walter E. Washington Convention Center
This year’s program includes sessions like:
Failing Forward: How to REBOOT From Failure and Embrace Fear
On My Watch – Event Security & Crisis Management (Two Parts)
Advocacy and Public Affairs: Failures and Successes
Challenges of International Attendees Coming to US Conferences (Two Parts)
How PCMA Gets It Right by Getting It Wrong
Fail Greatly – Achieve Greatly
Fear is for Suckers! How To Embrace Failure and Make Fear Your Homeboy
The Omni Shoreham Hotel has parking for this event for a discounted rate of $25.00 The closest parking garage is at 2300 Calvert St NW. Find more parking garages here. The Omni Shoreham Hotel is one block from the Woodley Park/Zoo Metro Station on the red line.
Attention Planner Members:
You may be eligible to receive a PCMA Capital Chapter-PRG Scholarship to cover your registration for this education program. You must be a PCMA Capital Chapter Planner Member and have not received any previous scholarships for 2017. Simple submit the application and if you are eligible, you will automatically be enrolled in the program and receive an electronic confirmation.
All Access Education Pass Holders:
You are automatically registered for this event by staff. Please DO NOT register again. If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute.
Registrants may cancel up to 7 business days before the event for a full refund, minus a $10 administration fee. No refunds thereafter. Cancellation must be in writing and sent to email@example.com. Substitutions are accepted. If you do substitute, please include the following information:
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
- Job Title
- Preferred/Badge Name
- Company Name
Thank You To Our Sponsors: Omni Shoreham Hotel, Visit Norfolk, Three Cities Collective, and Visit Tampa Bay